Holiday Spirit!

Holidays always make my spirit merry, and for today’s blog, I’ll be sharing my thoughts on three of my all-time favorite holidays, as well as some customs and traditions that have developed and thrived throughout my family. Don’t forget to comment, after reading, and to share your memorable holiday experiences!

Christmas has always been a favorite holiday. The holiday always arrives with a flurry of dancing magic, and the snowflakes’ elegant beauty always revives an ancient glory within me. Yet its not only the sight of the elegant beauty of the long, withering fingers  of trees scraping the pale blue sky that fills me with delight. No, there’s far more tying me to Christmas. One such thing is a tradition that my family as been celebrating ever since I was born. We never set up our Christmas Tree until the very last second of Christmas Eve. Then, we’re always in a frenzied madness, my dad running up and down the stairs of our basement, bringing the Christmas tree up and all the decorations. My family always spends hours on decorating our Christmas tree, making sure it’s  a masterpiece of artistic perfection. Decorating the Christmas Tree is always fun, but it also brings a feeling of family union, that is sometimes hard to find on the busy weekdays, with my mom dad’s work, and my brother and my school. But Christmas always compels us to relax, and truly appreciate each other’s company. And of course, I love Christmas because of the  presents. It’s not my main reason, but hey, we all have to admit that we all love receiving boxes full of our favorite delights!

Walking by the gingerbread house Peter Thoeny – Quality HDR Photography via Compfight

Halloween is another one of my favorite holidays. Though many say that getting candy and chocolates and other trinkets and whatnot, I disagree, because I find Halloween a golden time to just chill out and relax with my friends and family. Often, when I was little, I would go Trick-O-Treating with my close friend, Neya. We would marvel at the amazing costumes, and we would take turns acting out our costumes. It was pretty fun. I also would go trick-or-treating with a very nice school-friend, Riley, and Halloween was double fun with her as well! Yet my favorite group of people I like  to Trick-O-Treat with is my family! I love going out with my little brother, and we both like sharing, trading, and talking about T.B.E Candies – that is: To Be Eaten Candies! Sometimes, we [my brother and I] trick-or-treating with my dad, and other times with my mom. The whole family never goes out together because somebody has to be at the door, ready to compliment costumes, to greet the children with big wide smiles, and to hand out candy and chocolate! After Trick-O-Treating is over for my family, we always go back home to help my mom with the candy passing! Often, it’s me who runs to the door with a big smile, and opening the door for all the trick-or-treaters. It’s always been like this – and I love Halloween just the way it is!

201701028 Denpark 3 Bong Grit via Compfight

Fourth of July is a holiday exclusive to the USA, but Independence Day however, is not so new of a concept. Many different countries celebrate their days of independence, and 4th of July is the USA’s day of freedom. In the neighborhood I live in, fireworks on this fine day is something to expect, and grand parades are always something to look forward to. On the day of July 4th, my family always dresses in red, white, (and/or) blue. This is a tradition we’ve always kept, to honor our country and it’s beautiful flag. I especially love, as I mentioned above, the fireworks of this day. Words are insufficient to describe the grandness of the day. With sparks of red, white, blue, and canons of gold sparks flying straight up, it’s hard to find fireworks more magnificent. While the sky is bursting with color, more value is added by the amazing occasion! 4th of July is an amazing holiday, and I love it the way it is!

One flag Rick Payette via Compfight

So, these are my favorite holidays, and snippets of traditions that make the holidays so special! I hope you enjoyed reading this blog, and I encourage you to express any questions,                         suggestion, or tips you may have through comments!

Want more info on these 3 holidays? Check out these links for some history and popular traditions!

Christmas Links!

Halloween Links!

Thank you!!!